Rainbow quilt




My Mum lives on a few acres outside of a small country town and a few years ago she painted her front fence in rainbow colours. People either love it or hate it, but it certainly suits my Mum and her extroverted personality!
I've been wanting to make her a quilt for ages and it had to be a rainbow one. I started to make her the Wavelength quilt out of Modern Quilting but after I started it, I just didn't like it so did some panic googling to find another idea to use the fabric for.
I found this awesome quilt by buttontree lane. I had enough different shades of fabric and already had the dark charcoal for the background.


I wanted it to end up nice and big so used fairly big hst (6.5"). The quilt is 96" x 96" (240cmx240cm) finished. I didn't get any photos but the backing is the left over grey and the binding is a black and white stripe.

I had help basting it from our new kitten!


Its kind of huge, I free motion quilting the grey sections but left the colours unquilted. I found it tends to dull out the colours a bit when they are quilted and I wanted it as bright as possible, plus the effect it has looks cool, lol.




All in all, I'm really happy how it truned out and Mum loves it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!