Simplicity 2369 wrap top

Simplicity 2369 wrap top




I think I'm in love! I've been searching for the ultimate comfortable flattering top and I think this is it!
Not sure what this fabric is (got it from the clearance table, lol), its like a thick jersey or ity knit, not as clingy as the mercury jersey I used on my Blank Canvas Tee which is nice, and it drapes beautifully.




I made the sz 22 with a 1" FBA which I rotated into the pleats. Heres pictures of both front pieces after the alterations.



The instructions called for turning under the neck binding and top stitching but I liked the look of it left out like a t-shirt binding so I left it


I hemmed it 4" shorter than the pattern but managed to hem it too short at the back, not too noticable I hope and I've adjusted the pattern for next time (which I've already cut out of a wool blend knit in a gorgeous blackberry colour)



It sewed up like a dream, I mostly used the serger and it only took a couple of hours.
Highly recommended!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NewLook 6048: The Avengers dress

Rainbow quilt

Back from Ecuador: Adventure Shorts, Jungle Pants, and Bowler Hats, Oh My!